Bad days can happen to all of us. Your hair got messy, the train was late, the coffee shop got your order wrong, the alarm clock went off late, and the like. You try various positivity hacks and happiness mantras but this lousy mood keeps on following you whenever you go.
☀️ Even though these bad days are hard to avoid, these are just 10 of the best tips to use when a bad day hides around the corner:
- Remember that it's only one day and that lousy days like this, with no underlying mental health issues of course, tend to run out of steam on their own. Look forward to tomorrow.
- Grab a bite of something you absolutely love. Food is a big part of how we feel, so eat something that you really enjoy. Try to get something energizing and strong.
- Do something you love. A yoga class, walk in the park, lunch with a friend, anything at all.
- Do some exercise. Keep in mind that you get an endorphin rush when you get yourself moving and being active. Let all your frustrations out by jogging, boxing, Zumba dancing, Pilates, or whatever you like doing.
- Enjoy nature. There's always some green piece of land, regardless where you live. Take a stroll through the park, take a minute to sit by the lake, and gaze at that beautiful garden. You're already feeling better just by thinking about it, am I right?
- Listen to your favorite music. When you listen to music, the body releases dopamine which is connected with motivation and pleasure. Just play those awesome songs that will get you going on a rough day.
- Sing those favorite songs out loud. Let all your anger and frustrations go. Whether it's Adele, Maroon 5, Lady Gaga, or whatever artist you prefer, just go ahead and sing it.
- Take a long shower. Let the water run down your back as you shut down the world around you. Showers can be deeply relaxing and extremely soothing to the mind and body.
- Get a massage. Just concentrate on the way your body feels and shut your brain off for the duration.
- Sometimes, at the end of a rough day, all we need is a hug.
☀️ Bad days will come and go but I want to remind you how special and unique you are. The odds of you being born on that day at that time to your parents is 1 in 400 trillion. You are a miracle and you have unique gifts that only you can share with the world. Please remember that if you feeling down or having a bad day.
If you are looking for a way to boost your happiness, check out our 21 Day Happiness Challenge