It’s almost that time again.
Radio commercials are offering discounted roses, Hallmark cards are in style, and the jewelry business is booming.
It could only be Valentine’s Day.
Each year, on February 14th, many people express their love for their significant others by exchanging gifts, sending flowers, and indulging in an enchanting day of romance.
If you’re tired of the same old “dinner and a movie,” we’ve put together a list of some fun and unique ways to spend your Valentine’s Day, with your Valentine. ❤️
- Take a romantic stroll through your local park and indulge your childish whims by seeing who can go the highest on the swings.
- Go bowling (this is a great idea if you want to involve the kids).
- Take a community education class together - there’s nothing like learning new things to bring two people together.
- Play a board game. If you haven’t played in a while you might be surprised at how much fun it can be to get a little competitive with each other!
- Check out an exhibit at your local museum. You’ll be delighted to realize how much there is to see and do in your town.
- Go tobogganing if you’re in an area with enough snow. An added bonus - it’s great exercise when you have to pull your sled back up the hill. Not snowbound? (Lucky you!) Take a bike ride, a hike or walk downtown. Just get outside and get connected with your surroundings!
- Make something together. For example, paint your own pottery, paint nights (where an artist teaches you how to paint a famous painting), or search Pinterest for something cool.
- Take a cooking class and savor your creations at the end.
- Go exploring through the local woods, a cemetery, a nearby cave, or anywhere a little out of your comfort zone.
- Stay in and snuggle. Be present with each other, match your breathing rhythms, and just enjoy one another.
Do you have any other great date ideas? Drop us a line on Facebook or Twitter and let us know your favorite date activities.